Sunday, July 29, 2012

Summer Va-playing

Since I have been out for the summer I made a plan.  I will rest for a month and then start preparing to go back to school.  That lasted 2 weeks.  Between my twitter feeds and edmodo posts, I was getting interesting information as well as new tools to try.

As a Technology Teacher I did some reflecting on what went well and not so well last year.  Then I decided I wanted to spice some things up in class. I saw an edmodo post where one teacher made a video using an interesting tool called Powtoon.  Being the techie that I am, I checked it out. I signed up for a log in because it is in the beta stage and then off I went. It was hard at first, but once I figured out I had to change my screen display settings to get the tools in view I was good to go. I watched the YouTube videos and started playing. I decided to make an introductory video. Here it is:



What do you think? I think it is an awesome tool I had a blast. The only downfall I see, being a frugal teacher I only got 60 seconds of video to export with the free subscription.  I will share more tools as I continue to play during my summer vacation.

0 comments:

Post a Comment